Since Disney World's reopening, there have be new procedures on how and when you can enter the Parks and Disney Springs.
Here is where I will keep an updated list of the things that are open, and dates that you can expect openings at the Disney World parks.
This will be important for anyone planning a Disney World trip any time in the near future.
This list will be updated as Disney announces plans for reopening so that you can plan accordingly.
For an overview on touring during COVID see the full article list here.
Current Disney World Resorts that are open and can be booked include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney's Art of Animation
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
In addition, the following resorts will open to guests on the following dates:
- Disney's All-Star Movie Resorts will reopen February 9, 2021
- Disney's Polynesian Resort will reopen Summer 2021
The remaining Disney Resorts without reopening dates are closed indefinitely. As soon as reopening dates are announced this page will be updated.
At the resorts you can expect the following:
- Enhanced cleaning of high traffic areas
- Physical distancing at resort lobbies, restaurants, pools, fitness centers, and other common areas where appropriate
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Mask requirements for guests and Cast Members ages 2 and up
If you had an existing reservation that included the Disney Dining Plan, the dining plan portion will be cancelled and you will be refunded. Disney is no longer accepting the dining plan for the rest of the 2020.
If you are looking for a vacation quote on a future trip you can get a free quote here.
Disney World Parks
All four Disney theme parks are currently open to guests.
Here is what you can expect at the parks:
- Limited park capacity
- Masks required for all guests and Cast Members ages 2 and up
- Reservations will be required
- Barriers to help with social distancing will be installed
- Reduced capacity at shops, restaurants, parks, etc
- Temperature screening at park entry
- More mobile ordering options
- Parades, nighttime shows, character meets, and "hands on" experiences will be suspended
If you are planning on visiting any of the parks you will need to make park reservations for each day of your visit. You can learn more about how to make park reservations here.
Note that Disney will NOT be using FastPass+ during this time.
Disney World dining reservations can be made 60 days in advance on the My Disney Experience app and website. You can also grab a spot in a virtual waiting list the same day when you are in the parks.
If you have dining reservations you will be asked to check in to your reservation on the My Disney Experience app when you arrive to the restaurant. You can check in up to 20 minutes before your scheduled reservation. When your table is ready you will be notified on the app.
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
No updated opening dates or guidelines confirmed by Disney yet. Check back for more information.
Disney Springs is currently open to the public.
With all restaurants and shops you should be prepared for limited hours and menus.
It is important to note that Disney has offered guidelines for Disney Springs that you will need to know before your arrival:
- During the initial opening surface lots will be closed. Guests will be direct to self park in the Orange and Lime garages. Once the lots are full no more guests will be allowed in to Disney Springs
- Entrances to Disney Springs will be limited to the Orange entrance, Lime entrance, Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge, and ride share drop off
- All guests age 3 and up MUST wear a face covering while at Disney Springs (with the exception being while you are sitting at a restaurant). Guests not wearing a mask will not be allowed inside Disney Springs
- All guests will required to undergo a temperature screening before entry. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will the rest of their party
- Social distancing will be enforced by limiting the number of guests allowed in Disney Springs, marking the ground where necessary, and barriers
- High traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly and hand washing/hand sanitizer stations will be available for guest use
- Cashless transactions are encouraged if possible. If you have cash you can purchase a Disney gift card at the welcome center and select merchandise locations
Ready to Book Your Vacation?
Get a free quote here!
Still Confused or Need Help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,