No one does Halloween quite like Disney World.
One of the most popular events that Disney World hosts is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. And Disney is ready. They have released dates for the 2019 parties, and tickets are on sale now. You can purchase your tickets now on Disney's website.
New for 2019, you can purchase a pass for $299 per adult and $284 per child for unlimited Halloween party access (excluding Halloween). This option is available by calling (407) 827-7185 or visiting a Guest Services location.
For this party the Magic Kingdom is transformed in to a spooky (but child friendly) world with a ton of activities. This is a limited ticket event, so you'll see fewer crowds at this party.
Dates and Prices for 2019
This year the party will start months before Halloween. So if you are planning a late summer trip to Disney World, you can still take advantage of this amazing party.
The dates for 2019 are:
- August 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Prices this year start at $79 and go up to $135. If you are an annual passholder or a Disney Vacation Club member, you can get a $5 discount on most party dates.
So what exactly can you expect at the Halloween party this year? There are rides (some with fun Halloween overlays), Trick or Treating, dance parties, characters, and more.
Here is a map of the 2019 party (click on the image for a larger version so you can see all of the details):
Dressing in Costume
If you or your child wants to dress in costume, you are more than welcome to do that during the party. But Disney does have a few simple rules to keep in mind:
General Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Costume Guidelines:
- Disney may deny admission to anyone or remove anyone who is wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or could detract from other guests' experiences.
- Guests may dress as their favorite characters, but cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and not obstructive, offensive, violent or objectionable.
- Costumes must not contain weapons that resemble or could be mistaken for real weapons.
- Costumes may not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that might accidentally strike another guest.
- Guests who do not abide by the guidelines may be refused entry or removed unless their costumes can be modified to acceptable standards.
For guests ages 14 and up:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag the ground.
- Capes should not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, shirts, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus are OK. Headwear must not cover the face.
- Masks are not allowed.
For guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn. Masks cannot cover the entire face, and eyes must be visible.
Basically use your common sense, and have fun!
There will be several rides open and running during the party. FastPass+ wont be an option, but you most likely wont even need it. With fewer people in the park, and so many other things going on during the party, rides wont be nearly as crowded.
Some of the rides are even altered slightly for the party. The rides with special Halloween Party overlays are:
- Space Mountain (this ride is run in COMPLETE DARKNESS)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (this ride has live actors on the ride and in the queue)
- The Mad Hatter's Tea Party (this ride has Halloween lights and music during the ride)
- Monsters Inc, Laugh Floor (new for 2019 this ride has a new Halloween themed story line)
While not every ride is open during the party, you will see the majority of rides still running. The full list of rides scheduled to be open during the party are:
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Trick Or Treating
Feel like stocking up on enough candy to last you a life time? Then grab your bag when you enter (and I suggest maybe bringing your own extra bag) and hit the trick or treat route to stock up on candy.
Worried about allergies? No problem. You can grab a teal bag at the Town Square Theater so Cast Members handing out candy know you have an allergy.
Trick-or-treating is available at these locations:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Town Square Theater (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- Market Street (party entrance; open until 8 p.m.)
- Tortuga Tavern
- Jungle Cruise
- Splash Mountain
- Miner's Cove (by Big Thunder Mountain)
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square Ticket Office (Allergy-Friendly Center)
- The Diamond Horseshoe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Walt Disney World Railroad Station
- Ariel's Grotto
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
If you are going to trick or treat during the party, I recommend doing it later in the night. You'll find fewer people on the trick or treat trail, and the Cast Members are often more generous when handing out candy at the end of the night.
If you love meeting characters, get ready for a real treat. At the party you will have the chance to meet characters that you'd normally never see around the parks. Some of the biggest draws include:
- Jack Skellington and Sally
- The Seven Dwarfs
- Cruella DeVill
- Lots-O-Huggin' Bear
You can use My Disney Experience to find wait times for many of the characters, but the bigger draw characters (the ones listed above) are NOT listed on the app. So if you are looking to meet them I would plan to get in line as early as possible.
Here is the full list of characters you will find at the party:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Jack Skellington and Sally at Town Square Theater
- Anastasia and Drizella
- Seven Dwarfs
- Queen of Hearts, Alice, Tweedle-Dee, Tweedle-Dum, Mad Hatter
- Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger (dressed in Halloween costumes)
- Ariel and Eric
- Belle and Gaston
- Minnie Mouse (dressed in Halloween costume)
- Daisy Duck (dressed in Halloween costume)
- Goofy (dressed in Halloween costume)
- Donald Duck (dressed in Halloween costume)
- Cruella DeVil
- Princess Tiana
- Princess Elena
- Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear a.k.a. Lotso
- Stitch (dressed in Elvis costume)
- Tarzan, Jane and Terk
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Aladdin & Abu alternate with Genie & Jasmine
I have marked up the park map with where each character can be found during the party. Click on the map to enlarge and save to your camera roll:
Do you love the Halloween movie Hocus Pocus? Of course you do. You aren't a monster! So you are going to love the shows the party features.
Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular
Here is your chance to see the Sanderson Sisters live in the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular. They perform in front of the castle and bring some of their Disney villain friends.
Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular
During the party there is also a special Halloween themed fireworks show. A brand new show is being created for the 2019 party. For this show, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” serves as the host. You can expect state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting and fireworks. Jack his ghost dog Zero will take everyone off on a trick-or-treating adventure. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy also join the fun, and find themselves face to face with Disney villains. You can expect this show to start at 10:15pm.
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball Dance Party
This is a dance party that features characters from Monsters, Inc. It takes place on the Tomorrowland Stage all throughout the party (7pm-12am).
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Dance Party
At this Disney Junior Dance Party you can dance and play with some of your favorite characters. It is located in Storybook Circus, and features popular Disney Junior characters. This dance party takes place all throughout the party (7pm-12am).
The Boo To You Parade
This fun spooky parade is held twice during the party. So you have two chances to catch it. The first parade (which is usually the more crowded one) starts at 9:15pm. The second parade starts at 11:15pm.
Look out for the headless horseman!
The Cadaver Dans
The Cadaver Dans are the fun and spooky version of Disney's barbershop quartet, the Dapper Dans.
Cruella's Halloween Hideaway
New for 2019, Cruella's Halloween Hideaway dining experience is an extra ticketed event that will take place during the Halloween party.
For $99 per guest, you'll be able to hang out with Cruella De Ville at Tony's Town Square Restaurant. Included is a buffet of savory and sweet delights, including creamy spinach dip with ciabatta crustini, assorted Halloween flatbreads, chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheesecake and mini cannolis, Kanine Krunchy cake and Mini De Vil brownies.
You'll be able to come and go starting at 9:30pm. You'll also get VIP viewing for the Boo to You Halloween Parade.
You can purchase this add-on here.
Disney's Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party
This extra ticketed event costs $84 per adult and $50 per child. Included is a buffet of delectable desserts, including chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, ice cream, seasonal fruits, cheeses, and more.
You'll also receive VIP viewing of the fireworks show, Disney's Not So Spooky Spectacular, over Cinderella's Castle.
You can purchase this add-on here.
The Bottom Line of These Extras
While I do not normally recommend adding a ticketed event on top of a party, one of these add ons might be for you if you are wanting to get guaranteed viewing of the parade or fireworks show without staking out a spot. This might also be a good option if you are a Halloween Party regular, and are looking for a new way to experience the fun.
Ready to book your Halloween trip?
Still confused or need help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,
*photos courtesy of Disney