One of my absolute favorite parts of going to Disney World is meeting the characters. I am always impressed with every single one of the characters I meet.
With my toddler they approach slowly. Hold out a hand and kneel down to her level. They wait for her to react positively. Once she does they interact with her to her comfort level. I am BEYOND impressed with this.
With my older children characters are playful and fun. Chip and Dale once stole our handheld fan from my son and ran around fanning himself. Goofy will dance with them and is full of hugs. Donald once playfully shoved my oldest son to sign his autograph book (don't worry - it was clearly playful and we all thought it was hilarious).
Face characters are equally amazing. They are always full of fun stories about their adventures. They make interacting easy for everyone in our group. I have never had a negative experience meeting a character.
So where do you find your favorite characters at Disney World?
The Fab Five
The Fab Five is what Disney World is all about! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto make up this group of must see characters. Where can you find this classic group?
- Mickey Mouse at Town Square
- Minnie, Donald, and Goofy at Fantasyland in Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mickey and Pluto at Garden Grille Restaurant character meal
- Donald Duck at the Mexico Pavillion
- Mickey and Minnie at Discovery Island
- Donald at Dinoland USA
- Mickey, Donald, and Goofy at Tusker House breakfast character meal
- Mickey at Commissary Lane
- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy at Hollywood and Vine character meal
If you have a fan of Princesses you will not have a shortage of options. From classic Princesses to some of our new favorites here is where you can find your favorites at the parks:
- Cinderella and several others (usually including Snow White, Ariel, and Jasmine) at Cinderella's Royal Table character meal
- Belle at Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland
- Ariel in her grotto in Fantasyland
- Cinderella, Elena, and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Snow White at the Germany Pavilion
- Princess Aurora at the France Pavilion
- Jasmine (and Aladdin) in Morocco
- Anna and Elsa in Norway Pavilion
- Mulan in China Pavilion
- Belle in France
- Snow White, Princess Aurora, and Cinderella at Akershus Royal Banquet character meal
- Pocahontas in Character Landing
- Sofia the First in Animation Courtyard
Pixar characters are finally getting some real representation in the parks. Here is where you can find your favorite Pixar friends at each park:
- Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland
- Joy and Sadness in The Epcot Character Spot
- Dug (from Up!) at Discovery Island
- Woody and Jessie in Toy Story Land
- Green Army Men in Toy Story Land
More of our Favorite Characters
- Winnie the Pooh characters at The Crystal Palace character meal
- Peter Pan in Fantasyland
- Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins at United Kingdom Pavilion
- Daisy Duck at Showcase Plaza
- Chip and Dale in Dinoland USA
- Chewbacca, Kai-lo Ren, and BB8 at the Launch Bay
There are so many amazing and fun characters for you and your family to meet at Disney World. You wont be disappointed!