Epcot has become known for its amazing festivals throughout the year.
One of these festivals is the Flower and Garden Festival held in the Spring.
Here you'll find an overview of what you can expect at this festival. When is the festival held? What type of entertainment can you find? How should you spend your time at this festival?
What is the Flower and Garden Festival?
This is a festival held every Spring at Epcot. This year the festival will be held March 3 - July 5, 2021, making this the longest running Flower and Garden Festival Disney has held.
This festival features food, exhibits, activities and events all centered around gardening.
This festival is held at no extra charge. It is a part of your regular ticket to the Epcot park. There are some extras you can enjoy at an extra charge, but they are not necessary to have a great time at this festival.
What Activities Happen During The Festival?
During the festival you'll find amazing topiaries, food, concerts, and play areas. Here is what you can expect at this festival.
In total you will find over 100 amazing topiaries of your favorite Disney characters.
Here are some of the topiaries, and where you'll find them at the 2021 festival:
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE®
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
Play Areas and Gardens
Epcot creates amazing gardens and areas for children to play during this festival.
It was announced that this year that the following exhibits will definitely be at the festival:
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents at Future World East – Unwind in refreshing spaces that show just how easy it is to create an outdoor escape that brings family and friends together—no design expertise, huge budget or green thumb required! Note: closes at dusk.
- Floating Gardens – Peer upon more than 100 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Festival Blooms – Admire thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ® at Future World West – View a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, in all their extraordinary color. Learn about butterflies’ lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis. Note: closes at dusk.
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden at Future World West – Imagine life on Earth 65 million years ago with astounding plant life that’s thrived since the age of the dinosaurs.
- Bold Bromeliads at Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Delight in a whimsical area made to inspire youthful energy and creativity! The whole family can learn ways to stay healthy at this Outdoor Kitchen and garden along the Imagination Walkway. Note: closes at dusk.
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ at Future World – Learn about honey bees’ critical role in the environment, and enjoy sweet and savory treats made possible by their hard work. Located near Imagination! Pavilion.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden at Mexico Pavilion – Discover the rich biodiversity of the Mexican rainforest and learn about its highly adaptive species.
- Extraordinary Orchids at Mexico Pavilion – Set eyes on these spectacular plants blooming in radiant color.
- Bamboo Garden at China Pavilion – Visit this garden to see bamboo in a variety of colors, patterns and sizes.
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden at China Pavilion – Celebrate the year of the Ox in this inspired display of Zodiac animals, made entirely from dried plant material.
- Alpine Miniature Garden at Germany Pavilion – Appreciate the little things in this showcase of diminutive dwellings nestled in a forest of fine shrubs.
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics at Germany Pavilion – Beginning in April, join our friends from Science from Scientists® in a fun and fascinating experience that explores how cutting-edge technology from Murata, paired with agricultural science, can transform the way we seed the future.
- Garden Italiano at Italy Pavilion – From fresh spaghetti sauce to pizza toppings, this Tuscan kitchen garden features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Kokedama Garden at Japan Pavilion – Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art at this tranquil garden.
- Bonsai Collection at Japan Pavilion – Learn about the ancient art of bonsai, some of the finest living sculptures. Bonsai masters carefully shape and tend to these miniature works of art, creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Urban Spice Garden at Morocco Pavilion – Discover how Eastern cultures flourished, trading signature spices and herb blends, once considered more valuable than gold.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® – Unearth the history and art of tea blending at this elegant English Tea Garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion, featuring plants used in some of Twinings’ finest tea blends.
- Shakespeare Garden at United Kingdom Pavilion – Rediscover Shakespeare in this idyllic garden, featuring excerpts from some of the Bard’s most famous sonnets and the dazzling flowers that influenced them.
In previous years, the Flower and Garden Festival would host live entertainment from popular bands. Unfortunately, this year due to COVID Epcot wont be hosting the Garden Rock Concert series. Instead you'll find other live experiences for the 2021 festival:
Mickey and Friends World Tour
American Garden Theater Presents...
From January 8 - February 22, 2021 you'll find live performances by the Voices of Liberty and Mariachi Cobre at the America Gardens Theatre in the America Pavilion.
From March 3rd - July 5, 2021 you'll find the Jammin’ Gardeners at the Canada Mill Stage. Tap your feet to the syncopated sounds of the funkiest gardeners around.
Plus there will be a Pianist at World Showplace playing a selection of songs of the season.
* Times and schedule TBD.
Food Booths and Outdoor Kitchen Areas
One of the most popular parts of these festivals is the food. There will be several food booths featuring amazing offerings in 2021:
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
Venture to Germany for Bavarian bites sure to sate foodies of all ages—every dish is köstlich!
Cider House (Located in World Showplace)
Behold buzz-worthy ciders and artisanal provisions that are sure to hit the spot.
The Citrus Blossom
Treat your taste buds to the subtleties of lemon, orange and lime—turning delicious dishes even more delish!
Festival Favorites (Located in World Showplace)
Discover Guest-favorite dishes, microbrews and other beverages.
Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth
Discover the many flavors of healthy cuisine in this delightful eatery, featuring vegetables straight from the garden!
Fleur de Lys
Indulge in haute cuisine and boissons that’ll make you fall in ooo-la-la-love with this palate-pleasing Parisian pop-up!
Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen.
Jardin de Fiestas
Take a food-tastic tour of the Mexico Pavilion… these tantalizing tastes will add some spice to your day!
The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™
Quell cravings with an incredible menu of all-natural food and drink infused with the nectar of the gods!
La Isla Fresca
Nibble on Caribbean-seasoned dishes that’ll send appetites swaying to the island beat!
Sink your teeth into authentic Chinese eats filled with morsels of good fortune!
Get a nice, cozy feeling with some comfort food inspired by the Gulf region.
Please discriminating palates with fantastic fare from our Great White North neighbor… O Canada!
Get your tropical fruit fix from tart ‘n’ tangy to the sweetest frozen treats!
Mangiare hearty helpings of Old-Country dishes served with a glass of vino… now that’s amore!
Taste of Marrakesh
Intoxicate taste buds with the exotic flavors of this North African mecca—mysterious Morocco!
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods
Delight in some of your favorite foods—created from innovative recipes with some impossibly delicious twists!
Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops.
- Refreshment Port
- Refreshment Outpost
- Funnel Cake
- Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Company
Fun for Kids
There are plenty of fun activities for the kids during the festival
The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ®
View a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, in all their extraordinary color. Learn about butterflies’ lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis. Closes at dusk.
Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth
Delight in a whimsical area made to inspire youthful energy and creativity! The whole family can learn ways to stay healthy at this Outdoor Kitchen and garden along the Imagination Walkway.
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration
Embark on a springtime scavenger hunt for gardeners of all ages.
Follow Spike the Bee on his pollination trail, where he will “bee” busy collecting nectar and pollinating gardens at Epcot. To get started, purchase your map and stickers at select merchandise locations (available while supplies last). Once you have completed your scavenger hunt, return your completed map to Disney Traders or World Traveler for a special surprise.
Cost: $7.99 + tax, while supplies last.
Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt
Set out on a delightful hunt across Epcot for decorative eggs inspired by Disney characters.
To get started, purchase a map at select merchandise locations beginning March 19 (available while supplies last). Next, hunt high and low for hidden eggs featuring beloved Disney peeps. Once you’re done, return the completed map for a sp-egg-tacular surprise.
Cost: $7.99 + tax, while supplies last
The Bottom Line?
I don't think you'll ever see Epcot look more beautiful than it does during this festival. This particular festival may not be the favorite for children, but everyone in your group will no doubt love the amazing flowers and Disney character themed topiaries.
Ready to Book Your Vacation?
Get a free quote here!
Still Confused or Need Help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,