For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Epcot park, it is important to know that this new ride will not have a regular standby line. If you want to ride your options are to pay for an individual lightning lane or to take advantage of the free virtual ride queue.
Guests will now have an opportunity at 7am to request to join the virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
Here are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- Have the My Disney Experience app ready to go on your phone.
- Select “Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue” on the app and follow steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate availability for specific distribution times.
- Space is not guaranteed, and some guests may join backup groups.
- Your My Disney Experience account must be linked to your park tickets (including you and the others in your group). You can then enter your entire group in the virtual queue at the same time.
- Each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Turn on push notifications in the My Disney Experience app to be notified when your group is called.
- You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Epcot.
Tips For Getting the Virtual Queue
It is important to know that on busy days the virtual queue can fill up in just a matter of seconds after opening. If you are planning on using the free virtual queue you will need to work fast.
Here are some tips to help you grab a pass for this ride:
- Get familiar with the app before your trip. Know where the virtual boarding group queue is located in the My Disney Experience app
- If you can, have another person also try to get boarding passes. You wont both be able to get them, but if you are both trying you'll increase your chances of one of you grabbing a spot
- Have your party selected in the virtual queue on My Disney Experience before 7am. You can select your group starting at 6am (1 hour before the virtual queue opens)
- Have the world clock up on your phone or another device. Keep the app open and on the virtual queue (with your party pre-selected). At 2 seconds before 7am exactly, start refreshing the screen
- If you don't get a spot, try again at 1pm
You also have the option of buying an individual lightning lane for this ride. So if you don't get the virtual pass that is also an option.
Or, you can do both and ride twice!
Ready to Book Your Vacation?
Get a free quote here!
Still Confused or Need Help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,