There is a nasty rumor going around that Epcot isn't fun for kids or toddlers.
I'm here to set the record straight. Epcot has a ton to do for everyone. While there are a few bigger rides that little ones won't be able to enjoy, Epcot has a ton of characters, slow rides, and interactive experiences that everyone will enjoy.
Here I'll go over the best things to do at Epcot with small children.
The Best Things to do at Epcot With Small Children
There is a ton to do with small children at Epcot:
Characters at Epcot
Did you know Epcot has a ton of character meets your kids will love? It is also the only place at Disney World where you can meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen!
Here are some of the characters you can expect to find at Epcot (double check in My Disney Experience for character locations and times, as these can change):
- Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy at the Epcot Character Spot (The Character Spot will be closing September 8, and these characters will be moving to The World Showcase Gazebo and Innovations West)
- Daisy at World Showcase Plaza (This character spot will be closed starting September 8, and Daisy will be moving to The American Adventure)
- Joy and Sadness at the Epcot Character Spot (The Character Spot will be closing September 8 and Joy and Sadness will be moving to a new location)
- Baymax can be found at the Epcot Character Spot until September 8
You can also enjoy a character meal at Garden Grill in The Land Pavillion. This amazing character meal serves a Thanksgiving type meal served family style. While you eat, the restaurant rotates, giving you a glimpse the Living With the Land ride.
Here you'll meet your hosts, Chip and Dale. You'll also meet Mickey and Pluto. This is one of the best character interactions you'll find in all of the parks.
The World Showcase Characters
- Anna and Elsa at The Royal Sommerhus
- Mary Poppins and Alice at The United Kingdom Pavilion
- Belle in the France Pavilion
- Donald Duck in the Mexico Pavilion
- Mulan in the China Pavilion
- Princess Jasmine in the Morocco Pavilion
- Snow White in the Germany Pavilion
If you want to meet characters at a fun character meal, you'll want to make reservations at Akershus. This is a buffet character meal where you can meet a variety of Princesses while you eat. Usually you'll see Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Aurora (the lineup can change, but these are the Princesses you'll most likely meet).
Kidcot at Epcot
Kidcot Fun Stops are craft tables set up at each of the Pavilions of the World Showcase in Epcot. Here kids can do crafts, color, draw, and hear stories from Cast Members representing that country.
These stops are free, and in addition to the crafts that your child can do, they can also collect mementos from each country. You can find these stops at the following locations:
- Mexico Pavilion (near Mexico Folk Art Gallery)
- Norway Pavilion (at The Puffin’s Roost)
- China Pavilion (near the exit of Reflections of China)
- Germany Pavilion (at Volkunst)
- Italy Pavilion (outside, near La Bottega Italiana)
- American Adventure Pavilion (outside, near Heritage Manor Gifts)
- Japan Pavilion (in the Bijutsu-kan Gallery)
- Morocco Pavilion (at the Marketplace in the Medina)
- France Pavilion (at Souvenirs de France)
- United Kingdom Pavilion (at The Toy Soldier)
- Canada Pavilion (at the exit of O Canada!)
Rides for Kids at Epcot
If you're looking for rides that you kids might love, Epcot wont disappoint. Here are some of the favorites for your little ones:
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Featuring the Three Caballeros
- Journey in to Imagination With Figment
- Living With the Land
- Mission: Space (40 in or taller)
- The Seas With Nemo and Friends
- Soarin' (40 in or taller)
- Spaceship Earth
- Turtle Talk with Crush
If you are looking for some hands on activities and other attractions for kids, Epcot has many! Here are some of the favorites:
- Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
- You sign up online, and are given clues to follow around the park. This is a scavenger hunt that takes you all around the World Showcase.
- ImageWorks: The What If Lab
- This play space is where you will end up after you ride Journey in to Imagination with Figment. Here you can play with all sorts of fun sensory activities and create play games.
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future
- You'll find this area when you exit Spaceship Earth. Here you can build and create in a series of exhibits (such as assembling a human body or driving in an accident avoidance simulator)
- Here you can watch all sorts of sea creatures in their aquarium. Watch them being fed or head to the circular room where you are almost entirely surrounded by sea life.
Ready to Book Your Trip?
Get your free vacation quote here.
Still confused or need help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,