Epcot International Festival of the Holidays (formerly Holidays Around the World) is an annual event that takes place at Epcot World Showcase. This year the festival runs from November 28 through December 30, and the festival is included with the price of your admission.
This festival features food, drinks, and performers from around the world, and more. Here is what you can expect if you visit Epcot during the holidays:
This is an incredibly popular show held at the American Gardens Theater in the American section of the World Showcase. The show consists of a choir and 50 piece orchestra. A celebrity narrator then reads The Christmas Story.
This show takes place 3 times a day, and is about 40 minutes long. The exact dates for 2019 haven't been announced yet, but we do know that this show will be happening are from November 28 through December 30 with show times of 5pm, 6:45pm, and 8:15pm.
The show is free of charge, but because it is an extremely popular show, you will definitely want to plan ahead if you would like to attend. Lines start hours ahead of time for seating, and even if you are in line you are not guaranteed a seat.
The best way to make sure you get seating for this show is to book a Candlelight Dining Package. You have the option of booking breakfast, lunch, or dinner packages. You will receive a meal with an appetizer, dessert, and a beverage. You will also have guaranteed seats for one of the 3 shows on that day. You can make a reservation online at My Disney Experience or you can call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations for Candlelight Processional Packages open up on July 3, 2019.
The prices vary depending on which restaurant you pick, and which meal you have. If you have the dining plan you can use 2 credits to pay for the package. If you are paying out of pocket prices START at:
- Breakfast: $40/adult and $24/children
- Lunch: $52/adults and $16.99/children
- Dinner: $57/adults and $19/children
The restaurants participating in the package include:Breakfast, lunch, or dinner options available
- Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club
- The Garden Grill at The Land Pavilion
- Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at the Epcot Norway Pavilion
- Biergarten at Epcot Germany Pavillion
- Chefs de France at Epcot France Pavillion
- Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot Seas Pavilion
- Nine Dragons Restaurant at Epcot China Pavilion
- Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot Morocco Pavilion
- Spice Road Table at Epcot Morocco Pavilion
- Rose & Crown at Epcot United Kingdom Pavilion
- Teppan Edo at Epcot Japan Pavilion
- Tokyo Dining at Epcot Japan Pavilion
- Tutto Italia Ristorante at Epcot Italy Pavilion
- Via Napoli at Epcot Italy Pavilion
- La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot Mexico Pavilion
One of the reasons this show has such a large draw is the celebrity narrators who participate. The 2019 narrators are:
- Ming-Na Wen
- November 29 through December 1
- Neil Patrick Harris
- December 2 through 5
- Whoopi Goldberg
- December 6 and 7
- Isabella Rossellini
- December 8 through 12
- Gary Sinese
- December 13 through 15
- Pat Sajak
- December 16 through 18
- Warwick Davis
- December 19 through 21
- Steven Curtis Chapman
- December 22 through 24
- Edward James Olmos
- December 25 and 26
- Marlee Matlin
- December 27 through 28
- Lisa Ling
- December 29 through 30
It wouldn't be a festival at Epcot without amazing food and drinks around every corner. During the festival you will find 12 themed Holiday Kitchens serving special holiday themed treats and drinks from different countries around the world.
Chip and Dale's Christmas Tree Spree
This is a fun scavenger hunt that kids will love. You can pick up a map for $6.99 at most shops around Epcot. You will then search for special ornaments around The World Showcase. Once you find an ornament you put a sticker on your map. Once you find all of the special ornaments, you turn your map in at Disney Traders and you'll get a special treat.
Holiday Cookie Stroll
This addition to the festival was added in 2018. There will be Cookie Stroll booths available around the World Showcase where you can purchase cookies. For each cookie you try you'll get a stamp. Once you collect 5 stamps you'll get a free cookie and a glass of milk.
The nighttime fireworks show at Epcot has a special ending just for the holidays!
Performers in each of the pavilions bring each country's traditional holiday to life by sharing holiday traditions, stories, and performances. Here is what you can expect at each country's pavilion:
- Canada: Holiday Voyageurs sing seasonal songs
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas shares holiday traditions
- France: Pere Noel tells stories of children leaving out shoes for Christmas
- Morocco: Hear about Moroccan festivals and traditions
- Japan: Hear about Japanese New Year, O Shogatsu.
- America: Hear the story of Kwanzaa and Hannukah and see Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Italy: Hear the witch La Benafa tell the story of the Epiphany
- Germany: Hear the origin story of the Nutcracker.
- China: Dragon dancers perform and celebrate the New Year
- Norway: Hear the srory of the gnome Julenissen
- Mexico: Hear mariachi singers play festive holiday music
JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season
Joyful! is a vocal group that performs uplifting Gospel, R&B, and holiday songs. They perform daily at the Future World Fountain Stage.
Ready to book your holiday trip?
Still confused or need help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,