During the Coronavirus pandemic, Disney has decided to reopen their parks with new rules and restrictions to keep guests safe. Here is everything you need to know about visiting the Epcot during this time.
When and How to Visit the Parks
If you are planning on visiting this (or any) park, you will need to make a park reservation. In order to do this you will need the following:
- You’ll need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
- You’ll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
- If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
Reservations are made on the My Disney Experience website.
To read the full article on park reservations click here.
New measures have been implemented across Walt Disney World parks to promote health and hygiene, including:
- Enhanced Cleaning
- Face Coverings required for all guests ages 2 and up
- Temperature checks
- Social distancing markers and limited capacity in stores, restaurants, and more
There will be Cast Members at the parks helping guests stay safe and follow these safety measures while at the parks.
Not all attractions will be open when the parks reopen. This is a list of the attractions that Disney has noted as open during this time:
- Awesome Planet
- Canada Far and Wide
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Friendship Lagoon Boats
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Impressions de France
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Kidcot (modified)
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE
- Reflections of China
- Soarin' Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The American Adventure
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience
FastPass+ will not be used during this time, so all rides will be standby only. And you can expect rides to not run at capacity so that guests can be spaced out. Also expect social distancing markers in the ride queues.
While Disney has made it clear that you will not be able to experience the typical parades, fireworks, or character meets, they do have several entertainment options available. Here is what you can expect:
- America Gardens Theatre Presents… featuring popular EPCOT performers such as:
- Character Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade—including:
- Mickey & Friends World Tour
- Princess Promenade
These shows and character cavalcades (think of a smaller parade that Disney might use when the regular parade is rained out) sound like they will be more of a fun pop up experience. This should make for fewer crowds so that distancing can be achieved by all guests.
Shops at Disney World will be open during this time. Expect masks to be required, social distancing markers, and suggested touchless pay (things like magic bands, apple pay, or credit cards instead of cash).
The following shops will be open at Epcot:
- African Heritage
- Arribas Brothers
- Art of Disney
- Baby Care
- Canada Cart
- China Kiosk
- Disney Traders
- Galerie Des Halles
- Gateway Gifts
- Glas Und Porcellan
- Karamell Kuche
- La Bottega Italiana
- Mexico Indoor Plaza
- Mission: SPACE Cargo
- Mouse Gear Temporary Location
- Pin Traders - Camera Center
- Port of Entry
- Puffin's Roost
- Sea Base Alpha Gift Shop
- Strollers & Wheelchairs
- Tea Caddy
- Test Track Simporium
- Wood Carver
- World Traveler
If you head to Epcot photopass photographers will be available, but with a few changes:
Masks Can Temporarily Be Removed: If you are taking an outdoor photo with a photopass photographer you can remove your mask. You must keep distance from other guests and stay with your own group. Once the photo is taken you will be required to put your mask back on.
Handling Guest's Personal Devices: Disney PhotoPass photographers will not handle Guests’ personal devices such as cellphones and cameras.
Photo Prop Usage: Where photo props are in use, they will be thoroughly cleaned between Guests. For select props, your photographer may request that you stand next to or behind the prop without making contact with it. In these scenarios, your photographer will endeavor to capture your photos with the best angles and perspective in mind.
Photo Linking: Before the photographer takes your photo, please have your MagicBand or Card ready for the photographer to scan so they can quickly link your photos to your account. Photographers will keep as much distance as possible during this process.
Cancellations, Changes, and Refunds
If this experience doesn't sound like what you were planning, and you want to cancel or change your trip, you can find full cancellation information here.
Ready to Book Your Vacation?
Get a free quote here!
Still Confused or Need Help?
I am happy to help! Contact me.
See you at the parks,